A Trade Website
Show Organiser: - Cymru Marketing Tel: 01792 536 028
This is the Cookie Free Page
You are here: - (southwalesgiftshow.co.uk) Home / Cookie_Free
Cookie Free Page
While we try to provide the same information on ths page as on the rest of the site, some features are omitted to ensure
that the page loads in reasonable time. And the pages which feature individual exhibitors are also omitted. These may be
added in future. Please ask us, using the contact links on this page (which should not involve Cookies) to ask us for the
information you require
South Wales Gift Show: The favourite buying event in South Wales for Gift Retailers, Museum, Campsite, and Tourist attraction gift shops, and for anyone considering bulk buying gifts.
To sign up for show updates, click here (We promise not to bombard you with hundreds of irrelevant offers. Just two mailings a year to remind you of the forthcoming show.)
The South Wales Gift Show is the local showcase for design-led and everyday gifts, with over 40 different product categories.
Not just a local show, though. Many of the local exhibitors join the others at shows all over the UK. But we all think that the South Wales Gift Show is a bit special!
Twice a year the show is opened at the very beautiful Margam Park to help you revitalize your shop and make it the dream destination for tourists and local gift buyers alike.
Twice as good - The South Wales Gift Show gives you two opportunities a year to be the first to stock unique products, keeping you well ahead of the competition.
The South Wales Gift Show: Helping you get set for more profitable Summer and Christmas Seasons.
Diversity - The variety of products on offer will inspire you and help you to select the very best stock for your shop.
Location - Discover the unique and historic Margam Park setting that makes attending the show a tradition for many of our visitors. Doing business in this unrivalled location helps make The South Wales Gift Show the retailer's favourite trade show.
Centrally placed in South Wales (SA13 2TJ), the Park is just off the M4 at junction 38 and is easily reached whether you come from St Davids or Chepstow. Don't forget to sign up for updates.
Please note: The South Wales Gift Show is a Trade Only show.
At a typical Spring Show (at the end of January) you will see, perhaps 50 exhibitors coming from all over Wales, the rest of the UK and Ireland. They will include Agents, Artists, Craftspeople, Gift Wholesalers, Importers, and Manufacturers. Many exhibitors have been attending the show for 15 years, but there are always newcomers, many of whom become regular attenders. Gifts on show are made both in South Wales and the rest of the world, with some importers specialising in goods from Asia and some from Africa and South America. So there are always new products and even completely new ideas. You never know what you will see next.
The Autumn show (at the end of September) is smaller, but great for topping up with stock for Christmas. A selection of the Spring exhibitors attend along with others who have winter or Christmas gifts to sell.
Products at either show typically include Aprons, Aromatherapy, Artistic prints, baby footware, beach goods, buttons, Cameras, Cards, Cats, Celtic designs, Collectibles, Cotton Bags, Crested Souvenirs, Decorative postage stamps, Fairtrade products, Felted soap, Figurines, Fine bone china, Finest hand cast Pewter, Fridge magnets, Hair Accessories, Hand cast beads, Highest quality slate products, Humorous signs, Impulse gifts, Jewellery, Key rings, Knitting looms, Laser engraved slate and wood gifts, Leather goods, Mirrored coasters, Ornaments, Pewter jewellery, Pottery food, Scarves, Soft Toys, Spiritual goods, Sports goods, Toys and models, Welsh confectionary and gift foods, Welsh Crafts, Welsh Lovespoons, Welsh national costumes and emblems, and a whole lot more!
List of Exhibitors
RBW Concept Jewellery
Rhiannon Art Ltd
Something Different Wholesale Ltd
S J Pratt. Celtic Welsh Jewellery
Daniel Pratt Agencies
House of Fudge
Universal Mail UK Ltd
Cymru Marketing / Clive williams
Cards and Gifts of Wales
Black Dragon Crafts
The Milford Collection
Peter Roberts Welsh Slate
Thomas Publishing (John Upton Cards)
A.J.Powell Leather and Suede
Tradition Giftware Ltd
Jon Paul Gifts Ltd
Lasers Are Us LTd
On Track Wholesale
Pageant Wood Crafts
Pendragon Wales Ltd.
The RBW Group
Toucan of Scotland
GWP UK LTd
Hudson and Hopkins
The Celtic Collection
Forked Up Art (UK)
Gayle Rogers Art
You can attend the show either as an Exhibitor or as a Buyer.
The Show is intended for those wishing to sell wholesale Giftware to Retailers, and others wishing to purchase Giftware. There are no set rules about minimum quantities and many (though not all) Exhibitors will sell small quantities, or even single items to new businesses etc The Show is usually held in Margam Park Orangery, which is an excellent Exhibition Hall, with good access, lighting, catering and toilet facilities, and near the main entrance to the Park. Occasionally, when the Orangery is not available the show is held in the very Grand Mansion, which is not quite as suitable but well worth a visit, especially for fans of the Films and Television Programmes which are made there. Shows are equally successful and enjoyable in both. You can find more information about attending the show by scrolling down the page or by clicking on
this link if you are thinking of becoming an Exhibitor
this link if you are thinking of attending a show as a Potential Buyer
Attending the Show as an Exhibitor
The show is where Agents, Artists, Craftspeople, Importers, Manufacturers and Wholesalers sell their products to Retailers (or other people) requiring quantities of giftware. Various stand sizes are available from single tables to large stands capable of displaying thousands of items
Exhibitors are expected to bring their own display stands, and are responsible for moving them in and out of the hall themselves, and for the safety of themselves, fellow exhibitors property, the building, and people attending the show or working for the Margam Park authorities. Exhibitors are also expected to move their own products.
Please ensure that you carry adequate insurance for the property that you will be bringing to the show, and also for protection of the public and your employees. Any electrical equipment that you bring should be appropriately tested, and labelled. Consideration should also be given to risk assessment and the provision of first aid equipment on your stand. Booking is with Clive Williams of Cymru Marketing whose details can be found on the General Information page of this website.
Set up day is the day before the show opens to buyers, but exhibitors must clear their stands on the evening of the closing day unless they have made prior arrangements with the organiser. Vans can be parked close to the main access doors during set up and take down, and entrances are wide and level enough for anything that can be transported in a transit van and on hand propelled sack trucks or barrows. Please move your vehicles away from the entrances as soon as you have finished unloading or loading, so that others can use the space. During the show vehicles can be parked in the advanced parking areas near the exhibition halls
Attending the Show as an Potential Buyer
Definition of a "Buyer" The Exhibitors use the show to sell a very wide range of giftware. They choose to sell at a trade show because by selling goods in bulk, they don't have to make lots of individual sales, and that gives them more time to make, collect, or import the Giftware. This being the case, the target customer for them is a large retailer. However retailers are not the only people who buy large quantities of Giftware, and all who are thinking of buying in bulk are welcome. Some Artists and Craftspeople, may also be prepared to sell small quantities or even one off works on commission. Even the larger companies are keen to encourage new businesses, and may accept smaller orders from new "start-ups". These days museums, campsites, tourist attractions and even churches and charities have to do some retailing and all are welcome to the show. Tickets We are sometimes asked whether tickets are available, and the answer is no. Entry to the show is by invitation from existing suppliers, or by contacting the show organiser. However, you can also see the organiser at the show on the day, but please remember that you will not be allowed in unless you have proof of the business that you are involved in. Booking is with Clive Williams of Cymru Marketing whose details can be found on the General Information page of this website.
Attending The dates of the shows are advertised elsewhere on this website. Standard opening times are 9:30am to 5:30 pm, but we close 30 minutes earlier on the last day of the show. At the entrance to the exhibition hall you will be asked to identify yourself and your business (or organisation). If you haven't already contacted the organisers or one of the exhibitors, you will need to show a business card, billhead etc. You will then be asked to sign yourself in. You are then welcome to spend the rest of the day admiring the huge range of goods on display, and hopefully making lots of huge orders... We realise that people who are planning a new business, or a new fundraising venture may not have the conventional paperwork that would qualify them for entry to the show. If this is the case we would strongly urge you to contact the show organiser in advance of the show, so that he is aware of the stage of planning that you are at, and can advise on how you should identify your self when you come to the show. We do, of course, welcome all potential customers! Please remember that the suppliers usually only bring stock for display, so although you will hopefully order Gifts at the show, you will have to wait for them to be delivered to you. The only exception is if you have made prior arrangements to collect an existing order when you visit the show. (This will be a very rare event, as most vehicles are packed to the roof with stands and goods for display.)
A E Williams Introduce beautiful pewter drinking horns and traditional pocket watches with exquisite Celtic decoration. Noted 5/2/14
Greaves Welsh Slate suggest that you enhance that Special Meal with refined Welsh Tableware and Wine Racks made of 500 million year old Llechwedd slate crafted by a company with a 150 years tradition. Noted 5/2/14
Black Dragon Crafts say, "try our new Am Byth Forever Friends bracelets made of solid pewter beads with Celtic knots and genuine gemstones, strung on coloured waxed cord and displayed on a lovely postcard. Tie one on your mate, be friends for ever. Twelve stones to choose from. Noted 5/2/14
Polka Dot is a new and exciting wholesaler of hair accessories. A range of pretty, fun gem and felt barrettes, bobbles, slides. Headbands and brooches featuring fairyland flowers and butterflies, animals and kids. Designed for little girls and women who are young at heart. Noted 5/2/14
Enjoy a safe journey with an Angel Keyring from Jon Paul Gifts Noted 5/2/14
Something Different Wholesale are offering discount on your first on line order. Noted 5/2/14
Universal Mail now produce sets of beautiful "UK greatest landmarks" postage stamps suitable for use on international postcards. Noted 5/2/14
Cadwyn are featuring Valentine's day Lovespoons Noted 5/2/14
You have never seen buttons until you have seen them in the Candy Kisses Bracelet from Flourish Buttons Noted 5/2/14
It's Wales, but not (quite) as we know it. Distinctive bold colourful art, prints tableware and commissions from Gayle Rogers Art Noted 5/2/14
Sleepy owls, psychadelic beach-huts, and daft sheep are added to the more formal designs of fine bone china from Glyn-Coch Studios Noted 5/2/14
Chocolate pizzas, Lego and musical instruments feature at Gwynedd Confectioners Noted 5/2/14
For Valentines day Lasers Are Us Ltd are featuring Teddy Lovespoons and Dragon, heart, bells and daffodils Lovespoons Noted 5/2/14
"A soap in a sweater," that lasts almost for ever. Felted soap from Liquorice Noted 5/2/14
"Reality" Food is featured by Merryfield Pottery whose "Purrfect" cats travel around the world. Noted 5/2/14
On Track Wholesale are offering trade customers 10% discount when they collect purchases themselves. Noted 5/2/14
Pendragon Wales is getting geared up for St David's Day with inflatable Daffodils, Leeks, and Dragons; and Rugby Shirts for all the family. Noted 5/2/14
By road From the South-East and South-West: the M4 motorway runs directly to Margam from London and from Heathrow (the M25/M24 from Gatwick Airport); the M5/M4 from the West Country; and the M6/M5/M50/M4 from the Midlands and the North; the M4 from West Wales. Exit the M4 Junction 38
For directions by Bus, Coach, Train or Air see the Margam Park Travel Information Page
Access to the park and the buildings we use for the show is quite good, with parking close to the halls. (You may need to show the staff at the entrance gate your blue badge.) The outside paths that are essential for use of the show venues are wide smooth and well maintained, with a surface similar to tarmac. (Some of the garden and forest paths have a rolled hardcore surface which is affected by tree roots etc. Much of the park is level but there is a long steep slope between the Orangery and the Mansion, though this need not be a problem when visiting the show, at either venue.
If you wish to be more adventurous the Park authorities offer an Electric buggy hire scheme.
The Orangery has level entrances a flat floor and wide doorways.
The floor is made of large, well maintained stone tiles (with a smooth surface which some may find slippery) and well maintained carpets. Carpet edges have well maintained nosings, and should not normally present a hazard. With large windows the building is quite well supplied with natural light. Half of the exhibition space has excellent artificial light, while half is not quite as good. Exhibitors are able to provide additional light for their stands. The main toilets are easily accessible from the exhibition hall and quite spacious. There is also a disabled / baby changing toilet, The Cafe is in the main hall, and should not pose a problem for anyone using the stands.
The Exhibition is laid out on both sides of a long straight passage, with stands facing each other. There are no side passages except for the very biggest stands. All passages are wide enough for standard wheelchairs. Accessibility to individual stands is the responsibility of the exhibitor, who should be there to help you. If not, ask someone on a neighbouring stand. Most exhibitors would be delighted to offer whatever help they can.
Mansion The entrance is level, with a stone floor similar to the Orangery and the doors are wide.
The building is used as a film set and conditions inside are dependent on the staging in use. However generally accessibility is adequate for most people. All rooms are on the same floor but there are changes in levels. Good ramps are usually provided. The exhibition is laid out in 4 rooms some of which have wooden floors. The rooms are connected so that you can go on a circular tour of the exhibition without having to do very much double tracking. Passages are if anything wider then in the Orangery. Lighting is very different in the different rooms, but Exhibitors are able to provide additional light where needed. Good toilets are inside the back of the building, with indoor access, though you may need a guide to find them. Catering in the exhibition is minimal, though the old Margam Park Visitor Centre restaurant is in an adjacent courtyard, and may be open during the show.
Terms and Conditions
Please note that the full version of Terms and Conditions is on the Main Website, and that this version may not be updated at exactly the same time
1) The purpose of this website (http://southwalesgiftshow.co.uk or http://southwalesgiftshow.com) is to provide you with information about the South Wales Gift Show, which is held twice a year at Margam Park in South Wales.
2) The owner of the website is Cymru Marketing, 81, Bryn Road, Waunarlwydd, Swansea. SA5 4RB (E-mail Cymru Marketing )
3) The basic information about exhibitors is extracted from the South Wales Gift Show, Catalogue of Exhibitors, which is published annually by Cymru Marketing, 81, Bryn Road, Waunarlwydd, Swansea. SA5 4RB. The exhibitors themselves provide the information to Cymru Marketing.
4) Additional information may be extracted from exhibitors websites or supplied directly to the website manager by individual exhibitors.
5) Unless stated otherwise, South Wales Gift Show / Cymru Marketing own the copyright of all pictures, logos, illustrations, text and other intellectual property which appear on or form part of this website, unless such items have been supplied by the exhibitors, in which case the exhibitors own such copyright. In case of disputes, or for permission to use extracts, please contact me in the first instance.
6)While we attempt to keep the site up to date, facts may change between updates. Please contact the relevant Exhibitor or Cymru Marketing for the most recent information.
7) Inclusion in the website of particular Exhibitors in no way serves as an endorsement of them or their products by Cymru Marketing or the Website.
9) We cannot take any responsibility caused to your person or your business by your use of information contained in this website.
10) We cannot take any responsibility caused to your person or your business by your visit to, or equipment or facilities belonging to the Margam Park estate, which are outside our control.
11) Apart from the standard script supplied for the statistics package, the website is based on simple html code, and should not adversely affect your computer.
12) We periodically check code (usually HTML5 or CSS3) uploaded to the server, using the World Wide Web Commission validator, (which can be found at http://validator.w3.org) ) to ensure that it complies with current standards. "Validated" pages are marked as such in the footer, with the most recent date of validation. You should be aware, however, that sometimes updates to the text may happen between validations, and may not be compliant, though pages will be rechecked after major changes. Minor pages, such as "search results" may not be individually validated, but will be based on validated Blank Pages.
13) We cannot take responsibility for any damage caused to your computer by use of our website, but should you experience any problems, please let us know so that we can remove any suspect pages. Webmaster 14) We do use popular Web management aids www.statcounter.com and and Google Webmaster Tools), to monitor the performance of the website. We do not keep any information (apart from statistical summaries) for more then a month. 15) While we cannot take responsibility for problems that may arise from your use of the website, we would like to hear if you do experience problems, so that we can improve the site for you and for other users "mailto:email@example.com" . 16) The website category search system is based on pre-searching by us of information in the show catalogues, and, where available, by a search of the top level menus of exhibitors' own websites. Not all exhibitors have websites. Obviously, this is not a comprehensive search, and is intended only as a quick guide. It has the advantage over free search systems, such as Google in that it avoids adverts for companies which we do not know, and some of the paid for search systems which have reputations for slow speeds as they use codes held on additional servers. From time to time we will add categories based on keyword tracking by our web analytics system (see below) and request from exhibitors or retailers using the site. COOKIES
1) In May 2012 the EU Cookies Directive came into force in the UK. This is a somewhat complex piece of legislation as Statcounter explains in a document which you can see at http://blog.statcounter.com/2011/05/the-cookie-directive. You can also see the official view of the http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/the_guide/cookies.aspx Information Commissioner here. We will update this section (and the website) as the interpretation of the rules become clearer.
2)It is our intention to stay within the law on Cookies, while continuing to offer you the best possible service. If you have any comments please contact me at Webmaster
4) The Statcounter package leaves a cookie on your Browser. This Cookie is a simple text file containing a number, which is used to show whether you are a first time or returning visitor to this website. It cannot be used to identify you or your address, or to gather any personal information about you. It is used simply to help Statcounter to compile information such as how many unique users visit the site, and which pages are used. It also gives us technical information such as the screen resolution that people are using, and this helps us make the web pages the correct size and shape. Using averaged information stored for no more then about a month helps us to improve the website, and hopefully makes it more useful to you. For a full description see http://www.statcounter.com
5) You can stop your Browser accepting Cookies, usually by going to the "Tools/Options/Privacy" menu in your Browser. Note: Changing this general setting will apply equally to all websites you visit, and may mean that you lose information in on line shops, or have to log in every time you visit some websites. Some Browsers (e.g.' Firefox - use "exceptions" button in the Privacy menu - see above) may allow you to select websites that you want to block, so you can avoid blocking the most important ones.
6) Alternatively you can specifically stop receiving cookies from Statcounter by going to http://statcounter.com/about/set-refusal-cookie and following the instructions.
7) Opting not to accept Cookies will not affect your visit to our website, which will remain fully functional. However it means that we will have less information on which to base improvements to the website.
8) We have also set up a Cookie Free Web-page which you can use without changing your computer settings and which will not send you a cookie. The Cookie Free web-page summarises what is in the rest of the web site. However, as we will not get any automatic feedback about your use of the Cookie Free web page it is very important that you tell us of any problems you have with it, or improvements you would like us to make. You can see the cookie free web page by clicking here or by following the links from the Home page
9) We also use Google Webmaster Tools to assist in publishing the website. We do not use Google Stats. We do not believe, at this stage, that our use of Google Webmaster Tools will mean that you receive cookies from Google.
Return to MAIN Web site (This link returns you to the "Welcome/details" page which includes COOKIES .) Return to COOKIE FREE Web Page Top
Note: These websites are included for your information only. We do not take responsibility for the content or behaviour of third party websites, or for the behaviour of their owners.
Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council Home Page www.npt.gov.uk/
Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council www.npt.gov.uk/
Aberdulais Tourist Information Centre.
Aberdulais Falls, Aberdulais, Neath, SA10 8EU
Telephone: +44(01639) 636674
Neath Port Talbot Hotels - TripAdvisor
www.tripadvisor.co.uk › ... › Wales › Southern Wales › Neath Port Talbot
Note: These websites are included for your information only. We do not take responsibility for the content or behaviour of third party websites, or for the behaviour of their owners..
Exhibition Stand Hire
The Display Centre
Sign Holders Direct
Packaging 2 Buy
Van Hire (Companies advertising availability in Neath)
Van Hire Merthyr
Northgate Vehicle Hire
New Image Shop Fitters Ltd
Giles Davies Ltd
Jones and Andrews Ltd
Coastal Carpentry and Shopfitting Ltd
Regional Joinery and Shop fitters
Best Builders and Shopfitters
Dutton and Cadwell
RPM Shopfront Manufacturers Ltd
AWS Aluminium Windows and Shopfronts
QFC Group Ltd
South Wales Gift Show
For Stand Bookings, visiting the show as a Buyer and all Show Administration contact Clive Williams at
Cymru Marketing. 81 Bryn Road, Waunarllwydd, Swansea. SA5 4RB
Tel. 07867 762739
For all Website queries contact Huw Jones at Webmaster
Contact the Margam Park Authorities, (e.g lost property after the show) at
Margam Country Park, Margam, Neath Port Talbot, SA13 2TJ
Telephone: (01639) 881 635